At St. Matthias, we invite -- no, we urge! -- any member of our congregation to take a role in our worship. What could this be? We're open to all ages; no experience required! Any "training" needed is quickly and happily provided.
- Join our choir!
- Be a greeter (extend a warm welcome, point out facilities to guests and newcomers)
- Be a sidesperson (help take the collection as we prepare to offer our gifts for the support of the church)
- Read one of the Scriptural passages (we usually have a reading from both the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament) and New Testament
- Lead the Prayers of the People (Sample templates available in the office)
- Help prepare the Lord's Table for Eucharist (aka altar server)
- Help distribute Communion as a chalice bearer
- Before or after services, help prepare the church for worship (setting or clearing the altar)
If you're new to church or new to us -- or new to any of these roles, just a quick word. We respect your schedule and your wishes. St. Matthias folk are delighted to have wide participation in worship.
Questions?? Chat with Reverend Meagan or with either of the wardens.